100 Black Men of Prince George’s County
Geographic Criteria: Prince George’s County Maryland
Criteria / Requirements:
High school students must have earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and demonstrate the commitment to pursuing continued academic achievement post-high school (applicants must provide copies of official transcripts to support this declaration).
Current college students must have earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 during their college tenure.
Applicants must provide the following:
• A completed application (attached).
• Two letters of recommendation: the first shall be from someone who can credibly speak to the applicant’s academic achievement and commitment to post-secondary educational pursuits and the second shall be from someone who can speak to the character of the applicant.
• Copies of official high school transcripts for high school seniors or official college transcripts for current college students.
• An essay including any two of the following topics. Essays should be no more than 300 words per topic.
o Describe the traits of strong leadership and how you have effectively displayed them.
o Define character. Describe the importance of the role of personal character in goal achievement.
o Share a time you had to overcome an obstacle in the pursuit of a dream.
o If you could develop a technology that addresses an issue of concern to the world what would it be?
• High-Quality Photo of passport size or larger to be used in future 100 Black Men of America publications.