The state of Georgia offers 42 scholarships per year to Georgia high school seniors who attend the University of North Georgia and commission as officers in the Georgia Army National Guard after graduating with bachelor’s degrees. The scholarship pays for your room, meals, tuition, books, uniforms, and fees. In addition, you receive National Guard weekend drill pay, GI Bill®, pay for attending Army basic and advanced training, and Army ROTC contract pay (beginning of sophomore or junior year, if offered a contract to commission as a lieutenant). You may also be eligible for an enlistment bonus and monthly GI Bill® kicker.
University of North Georgia
$85,000 (over 4 years)
Geographic Criteria: Georgia, USA
Criteria / Requirements:
- Be a legal resident of Georgia.
- Receive a nomination from a Georgia Legislator from your congressional district.
- Meet the academic requirements and gain acceptance as a regular freshman Cadet at UNG.
- Meet Army National Guard enlistment standards.
- Agree to serve as an enlisted member in the Georgia Army National Guard while participating as a Cadet at UNG.
- If awarded a scholarship, you must commission upon graduation from UNG and serve four years as an officer in the Georgia Army National Guard. See FAQs for more details.
Contact Info – Phone #: 706-867-2918
Contact Info – URL: https://ung.edu/military-college-admissions/costs-financial-aid/scholarships-and-grants/georgia-military-scholarship.php
Contact Info – Email: email@example.com