This scholarship has been established to honor COL Kathleen Swacina, USA (Ret.), and her accomplishments throughout her career and her affiliation with AFCEA. This scholarship will recognize one outstanding female college student who has shown a potential to excel in college studies in the areas of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) and attends college full-time in the state of Georgia.
Geographic Criteria: Georgia
Criteria / Requirements:
Applicants must be:
- A member of the U.S. Armed Forces or enrolled in a ROTC program; an honorably discharged veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces; or a direct descendant of an AFCEA member or an honorably discharged member of the Armed Forces.
- Enrolled as a full-time college/university student at an accredited institution in the state of Georgia, including community colleges.
- Undergraduate students must be at the sophomore or junior level.
- Graduate students must have completed at least two courses but not graduating in the current academic year.
- Maintain an overall 2.8 GPA.
- Major in a STEM-related area of study in support of the mission of AFCEA.
Qualifying STEM majors related to the mission of AFCEA include: Biometry/Biometrics, Computer Engineering, Computer Forensics Science, Computer Programming, Computer Science, Computer Systems, Cybersecurity, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Geospatial Science, Information Science, Information Technology, Information Resource Management, Intelligence, Mathematics, Network Engineering, Network Security, Operations Research, Physics, Robotics Engineering, Robotics Technology, Statistics, Strategic Intelligence, and Telecommunications Engineering.
Contact Info – Phone #: 703-631-6147
Contact Info – URL: https://www.afcea.org/site/swacina-scholarship#overlay-context=swacina-scholarship.
Contact Info – Email: [email protected]